IHG completes acquisition of 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts Reviewed by Momizat on . The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts (‘Regent’). The 51% interest has been acquir The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts (‘Regent’). The 51% interest has been acquir Rating: 0
You Are Here: Home » news » IHG completes acquisition of 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts

IHG completes acquisition of 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts

The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts (‘Regent’). The 51% interest has been acquired for $39 million in cash, payable in three tranches of $13 million. $13 million was paid on completion, with the second amount due in 2021 and the third in 2024. IHG will have the right to acquire the remaining 49% interest in a phased manner from 2026.

IHG will bring Regent into its brand portfolio at the top end of the luxury segment and will accelerate its growth globally, supported by IHG’s powerful enterprise. IHG’s intention is to grow the brand from six hotels today to over 40 hotels in key global gateway city and resort locations over the long term.

IHG is already a global player in the luxury segment with the luxury brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. The acquisition of Regent is in line with the company’s focus on expanding its footprint in the fast-growing $60 billion luxury segment.

IHG will bring Regent into its brand portfolio at the top end of the luxury segment and will accelerate its growth globally. Its intention is to grow the brand from six hotels today to over 40 hotels in key global gateway city and resort locations over the long term.

The Regent brand was founded in 1970 and has a renowned heritage, built around the elegant, timeless design of its hotels and rooted in its focus on delivering a superior luxury experience for guests.

About The Author

Number of Entries : 1013

Leave a Comment

Published by & © 2015 ITP Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. | Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Policy, Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions

ITP.com
Ahlan.ae Masala.ae Ahlan! Live - Celebrities, Gossips, Fashion, Events, Bars & Clubs, Restaurants, Reviews, Offers & Competitions ArabianOilandGas.com ArabianSupplyChain.com ArabianTravelDirectory.com ConstructionWeekOnline.com ConstructionWeekOnline.com DigitalProductionME.com Grazia.ae HotelierMiddleEast.com ITP.net TimeOutAbuDhabi.com TimeOutDubai.com Utilities-ME.com VivaMagazine.ae commsmea.com designmena.com
Scroll to top