Senior employees of Vistara, yet again asked to go on compulsory leave without pay

As a measure to further conserve their cash flow, Vistara has asked their senior employees to go on leave without pay

Vistara, Senior employees, Compulsory leave without pay by Vistara

Vistara’s CEO Leslie Thng has announced that their senior employees will be going on compulsory leave without pay for up to three days between April 15 and April 30. The airline company has taken this step, as a measure to further conserve their cash flow amid the extended lockdown because of Coronavirus. This is for the second time that Vistara has asked their senior employees to go on leave without pay.

On March 27, the airline had also introduced compulsory leave without pay for up to three days between April 1 and April 14 for the same set of senior employees. The said compulsory no pay leave will affect 30 per cent of employees (around 1,200 employees) in senior grades. However, the remaining 70 per cent of the airline employees such as members of cabin crew and ground handling services will be unaffected.

In an email to employees, Thng said, “With the announcement by the government of India on extending the lockdown, we continue to suspend all our domestic and international operations till 3rd May 2020 and this further impacted significantly on our cash flow with no revenue being generated over an extended period of time.”

Most Popular

Newsletter

From the edition

From the magazine