Swiggy, Zomato and other food delivery apps to be banned in Telangana from 20th April; lockdown extended till 7th May: KCR
Telangana’s CM K Chandrasekhar Rao through a press conference made key announcements in a wake to flatten the curve of coronavirus in the state
After holding a brief meeting with the state cabinet on the existing situation of coronavirus, Telangana’s CM K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) through a press conference made key announcements in a wake to flatten the curve of coronavirus in the state. With the given spike in number of coronavirus cases, the lockdown in the state has now been further extended till 7th May, 2020.
Another key highlight of the CM’s address was of banning of food aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy and all food delivery apps with effect from 20th April, 2020. Except for suppliers of groceries and other daily needs, food delivery services in the state have been banned in the state till further notice.
A look at key highlights of Telangana CM’s address:
• Lockdown in Telangana state extended till 7th May 2020.
• No relaxation will be provided in the state of Telangana as per the MHA guidelines.
• We hope to flatten the curve by 1st May 2020.
• There is no new guideline that is needed to be promulgated besides the one that we have issued earlier.
• We have been mandated to issue far stricter guidelines than the one issued by MHA and thus we are invoking these measures to further tighten the rules and regulations.
• There shall be absolutely NO relaxations on the means and measures that have been ordered earlier.
• Out of all surveys that have been conducted in the state, more than 99% respondents have indicated that the lockdown should be extended at all costs.
• The next review shall be conducted by the Council of Ministers on 5th May 2020.
• Night Curfew shall be very strict and enforced.
• 100% containment shall be followed in all containment areas.
• NO passenger flights shall be allowed for take-off and landing till 7th May 2020.
• SWIGGY, ZOMATO and all Food delivery apps are banned in the state from tomorrow.
• No religious congregations are allowed under any circumstances.
• Lockdown shall be stricter from tomorrow and violators shall be penalized strictly.
• Only essential services shall be allowed to function as specified by the Centre. No other industry or service shall be allowed to club themselves as Essential Services.
• No landlord shall realize the rent for March, April and May 2020 for residential purposes. No interest shall be charged for delayed payments.
• Power bill for usage only.