The Ritz Carlton, Bangalore welcomes guests with enhanced safety and hygiene program ‘We Care’
The revamped program encapsulates all the requirements mandated by the Government of India and the WHO along with maintaining social distancing, safety and hygiene
The Ritz Carlton Bangalore has opened its door to guests with heightened safety and hygiene protocols. The hotel has recently launched its health and hygiene program ‘We Care’ to assure safety and wellbeing of their guests and associates. The revamped program encapsulates all the requirements mandated by the Government of India and the WHO along with maintaining social distancing, safety and hygiene. The enhanced safety protocols have been designed in association with the hotel’s hygiene partner Diversey.
Talking about the enhanced hygiene and safety protocols, Amitabh Rai, General Manager, The Ritz Carlton, Bangalore said, “We have taken stringent measures to ensure all the requirements mandated by the Government of India and the WHO with maintaining social distancing, safety and hygiene are the standard of operations at the The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore. We have mandatory temperature checks at key guest check points, and provision of sanitisers in all areas. Our team members in the hotel wear medical grade masks, gloves and undertake hand wash and sanitising multiple times a day. All key areas in the hotel are sanitised multiple times a day. We pledge to ensure the safety of our guests and team members as our first priority.”
Here’s a detailed look at the preventive measures adopted by the hotel:
Cleaning and sanitization protocols
- Heart of House: As a part of the preventive measure, the hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning especially in high-touch areas like associate entrance, locker rooms, laundry rooms, etc. They are also implementing social distancing in the associate dining area with revised seating arrangements.
- Guest Rooms: Deep cleaning and sanitization of guest rooms. All guest rooms are held for 24 hours post check-out before releasing it to another guest. The hotel staff closely monitors and keeps a record of the cleaning schedules at all high touch areas across the hotel like handles, switches, doors, etc. Extra amenities will be placed before arrival on request to reduce contact. All the guest rooms are equipped with disinfecting wipes and sanitizers. All the paper collaterals such as hotel directory, in-room dining menu, laundry list, Minibar list, spa menu, etc. will be replaced with QR codes which can be accessed using mobile phones to reduce high touch points.
- Hotel Car Care: All high touch areas in the car are disinfected before and after every trip. The concierge and chauffeurs wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times as per brand/specification recommended by the hotel’s hygiene partner. Cars will be thoroughly disinfected after every journey. Personal Protection Kit per passenger will be placed in the car comprising of masks, gloves and sanitizer.
- Public Spaces: Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, with a focus on the front desk, elevators, door handles, public washrooms and other high use areas. Guest elevators will operate at a maximum capacity of 4 guests per elevator. High touch areas in public spaces will be cleaned and disinfected in an interval of 2 hours.
- Mobile check-in and check-out facility with online payment options to avoid any contact
- Room servicing to be done in the absence of the guests and minimal staff entries into the guest room
- To enable contactless- dining, all the tables will be placed at a distance of 6 feet
- Digital menu with a QR code on the table to explore the restaurant menu with dish and pairing recommendations
Arrival and Departure
- Body temperature screening is mandatory upon arrival for all
- Valets are in Personal Protective Equipment and follow all disinfection processes
- Personal Protection Kit to be made available at the reception desk
- All the necessary information will be processed in the pre-arrival email communication to expedite arrival process
- All stationary items such as pens and folders used at front desk will be sanitized after every use
- Room keys will be deposited separately and to be reused only after sanitization
Restaurants & Bars
- All tables will placed at a minimum distance of 6 feet
- Digital Menus are made available for in-room dining and all-day dining
- Table setup to include single use table mats and disinfectant wipes
- All machines, in-room dining trolleys and other equipment are cleaned and sanitized periodically
- All food items are maintained at the appropriate temperature as per international guidelines
- All banquet stationery and amenities will be sanitized after every use
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be kept on each table as an amenity
- Fresh air systems will be turned on 30 minutes in advance to ensure good ventilation
- All third party vendors (wedding decorator, event company etc.) will undergo the same temperature check as the associates and guests
- Any equipment brought in by third party vendors will be disinfected before entering the hotel premises
- All vendor staff to wear gloves and masks while working in the hotel premises
- Events participants will be encouraged to maintain 3 feet distance at all time
- Snacks and foods served during events will be boxed or pre-plated to encourage contactless event
Heart of the House
- The hotel staff will undergo stringent temperature checks before entering into the hotel
- The Green status on the Aarogya Setu App is verified at the employee entrance before entering the hotel
- The staff will have to undergo consistent elevated sanitization and cleaning process trainings
- To adhere to social distancing, the hotel’s in house cafeteria operates at half capacity and is equipped with sanitizers
- Service elevators are sanitized and disinfected frequently
- Service elevators have occupancy limitation to adhere to social distancing
- There is communication posted in the entire Heart of the House area to educate employees on consistent sanitation and hygiene protocols.