IntrCity RailYatri opens new SmartBus Lounge in Central Delhi
The company pioneered the concept of SmartBus Lounges – designed along the lines of airline boarding gates - for the safe and convenient boarding of bus travellers
IntrCity RailYatri, India’s leading intercity mobility platform, has announced that its new SmartBus boarding lounge at R K Ashram, on Panchkuian Road (near Rajiv Chowk) is now open to bus travelers.
The company pioneered the concept of SmartBus Lounges – designed along the lines of airline boarding gates - for the safe and convenient boarding of bus travellers, and now has 7 such lounges across the country with another 4 to open shortly.
The timing assures festive travellers to be able to board from lounges maintaining social distancing and sanitised interiors. The company is operating similar SmartBus lounges in Lucknow, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Hyderabad and will continue to invest by adding more at Gorakhpur, Jalandhar, Kanpur shortly.
The IntrCity SmartBus lounge has an air-conditioned waiting area and provides full free Wi-Fi capability with charging points, ample comfortable seating space, recliners for taking power nap along with basic amenities like clean drinking water, coffee and toilets for the travelers. The lounges also feature laptop desks for working professionals and staff to help the passengers board their buses.
Commenting on SmartBus Lounge launch, Manish Rathi, CEO and CoFounder, IntrCity RailYatri said, “The safety of our passengers is and always will be of utmost importance to us. This new SmartBus Lounge helps us in making sure that our passengers aren’t exposed to situations that put their safety at risk. We wish to provide every IntrCity traveler a safe, convenient, and reliable mode of transport through our buses.”
Kapil Raizada, Co-Founder, IntrCity RailYatri, says “The most important factor which will drive intercity mobility revival is the extent to which companies can make the travel safe, hygienic and social distancing compliant. We introduced a series of protocols for our buses, travelers and our staff under our Safe+ initiative. Safe boarding from IntrCity SmartBus lounge is one such initiative by us and this compliments all the effort we are making to make our fleet safe and we will continue to invest on the same.”
IntrCity RailYatri launched Safe+ initiative before re-starting SmartBus operations to make intercity mobility safe and instil confidence amongst the travellers. Under the Safe+ initiative, the company has launched a series of measures described below.
- Pre-sanitised Private Cabins for safe and contamination free travel for self and family.
- Five Step cleaning and sanitization protocol which ensures that every SmartBus would be disinfected and fumigated after every single trip. All the cabins will be sealed after the disinfection process till a traveler boards the bus and accesses the cabins.
- Mandatory Checkup of the staff where all IntrCity RailYatri crew are regularly checked for symptoms and thermal scan is recorded. They are required to wear protective masks and gloves at all times.
- Travelers will board the bus after a KYC process, quarantined patients will be allowed only after they are able to show a certificate, mandatory thermal check from contactless device and checking of Aarogya Setu app status.
- IntrCity RailYatri has issued travel advisory for all travelers to travel with their own blankets and inflatable pillows for their own safety. However if needed, fresh sanitized blankets & personal bed-sheet are available from the bus captains. All travelers will be provided hand sanitizers and disinfected wet wipes and they are requested to wear masks and gloves for extra precaution.