India ranks 84th on Henley Passport Index
The rankings received by each country is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The Henley Passport Index yet again has revealed the ranking of all the passports of the nations across the world. According to this index, the countries are ranked on basis of number of destinations their passport holders can access without prior visa. The rankings secured by each country is based on data retrieved from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information, enhanced by ongoing research by the Henley & Partners Research Department.
As per its findings: Indian passport has secured a ranking of 84 in the list which notched up a score of 58, which means travellers can get visa free entry to 58 destinations across worldwide. However, this year, India has dropped two positions down from 82nd spot which it had secured in the year 2019. Besides, Indian passport shares its rank with African country Mauritania and Central Asian nation Tajikistan. This year, the passport ranking chart is led by Japan. Japan’s passport has secured a score of 191 whereas as China’s passport has secured 72nd position with a score of 71.
Countries which made to the Top 10 in Passport Ranking Index:
1. Japan (191)
2. Singapore (190)
3. Germany, South Korea (189)
4. Finland, Italy (188)
5. Denmark, Luxembourg, Spain (187)
6. France, Sweeden (186)
7. Austria, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland (185)
8. Belgium, Greece, Norway, United Kingdom, United States (184)
9. Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Malta, New Zealand (183)
10. Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia (181).
Ranking of India’s neighbouring countries:
- Pakistan passport bagged 104th rank with a score of 32
- Sri Lanka passport has secured 97th rank with a score of 42
- Bangladesh passport has ranked 98 with a score of 41
- Nepal passport has secured a rank of 101 with a score of 38
- Afghanistan secured 107th rank with a score of 26