FastBooking making a strong play for India
Travel portal FastBooking is ramping up its Indian sales operations to tap Indian hospitality’s increasing adoption of online sales.
“FastBooking has signed on 200 Indian hotels in the last two years and we are adding more people across our offices to meet the growing demand,” said Chetan Mehta of Mumbai’s Emerald Hotel & Executive Apartments who also manages the portal’s Indian sales since 2007.
Leading this push is FastBooking’s new iPhone application which uses the phone’s GPS function and Google Maps to provide the traveller with hotel and city information in his vicinity.
The iPhone app can be downloaded immediately, at no charge, from the Apple iTunes Store, http://bit.ly/fastbooking
“It is a quick, free download,” said Jean Robberecht, vice president marketing-Strategic Accounts at FastBooking. “No matter where an iPhone user travels, they will have the best rates at the best hotels, right in their hands.”
The FastBooking iPhone app gives users access to the 4,000 hotels in the FastBooking.com portfolio, independent hotels around the world which rely on the portal to manage their online bookings. Through the FastBooking app, iPhone users can reserve their rooms and other hotel amenities in real-time based on the most current information on each hotel’s rates and availability.
For its focus on the Indian market, local information around all its 200 hotels is being included. The main India metros are already present.
The additional unique features built into the FastBooking iPhone app are:
- Google Maps is integrated into the application so there is no need to leave the booking process to see a street or satellite map
- Potential guests can see photos of the hotel’s rooms, restaurant, lobby, spa, pool and other amenities
- Forms are automatically filled in using information from the iPhone address book
- Secured links handle payment information
- Once a reservation is confirmed, an automatic route plan shows the guest how to get to the hotel