Food Forum India 2011
One of the popular highlights of the ongoing Food Forum India 2011 was the ‘The Evening of Food Titans’ held on March 28, 2011 at the Hotel Renaissance, Mumbai to felicitate outstanding achievers in food retail and catering business with Coca Cola ‘GOLDEN SPOON Awards’. The glittering and glamorous event, hosted by Pia Trivedi and Anish Trivedi, saw some of the top professionals from the Indian food business being honoured with the coveted award.
Awards were given away in 14 different categories including private labels, food service retailing, cafes and juice bars and restaurants amongst others. Mr Samir Kuckreja, MD Nirula’s and President, NRAI and Mr Damodar Mall, Director, Food Strategy at Future Group were honoured with Most Admired Retail Professionals in Food Service and Food & Grocery categories respectively.
Food Forum India 2011 is the largest congregation of key, global and Indian, food retailers, manufacturers, organisations and minds in the food business in India. This one of a kind industry event brings together the best in the business of food to discuss collaboration opportunities and strategise growth for future. Besides global and large Indian food brands and retailers, there has also been an overwhelming response from independent grocers & retailers and regional chains in both food and restaurants from across India – getting together to explore expansion or renovation of their respective business models.
Earlier in the day, Food Forum India 2011 day saw many action packed activities and sessions. Ashok Sinha, Secretary, Minister of Food Processing Industry, Govt. of India, announced the setting up of 15 mega food parks whereas Coca-Cola unveiled its 100% Minute Maid Juices. The sessions on Modernisation of Food Business and National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) conclave dwelled upon the need to understand changing consumer trends and customize accordingly and effective and innovative marketing strategies accordingly.
Coca-Cola Golden Spoon Awards 2011 (total awards: 14)
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: QSR Indian Origin – Haldiram
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: QSR Foreign Origin – KFC
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: Cafés & Juice Bars – Costa Coffee
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: Ice creams & Desserts – Naturals Ice cream
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: Dine-in Indian Cuisine – Punjab Grill
• Most Admired Foodservice Retailer of the Year: Dine-in International Cuisine – Mainland China
• Most Admired Food Court Operator of the Year – Blue Foods
• Most Admired Independent F&G Retailer with Regional Chain – Le Marche
• Most Admired Foreign Foods Retailer of the Year – Nature’s Basket
• Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer of the Year: Large Formats – SPAR
• Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer of the Year: Private Labels – Food Bazaar
• (NEW) Images Award for Excellence in Food & Foodservice Retailing – Little Bee
• Most Admired Retail Professional of the Year: Foodservice – Samir Kuckreja
• Most Admired Retail Professional of the Year: Food & Grocery – Damodar Mall