Power List 2019
Ranjit Batra
Power List 2019 - Ranjit Batra

Ranjit Batra

President – Hospitality, Panchshil Realty
Batra believes that success is a result of being a hands-on partner and an active owner.

The developer as a hotelier is a very rare concept in India. Ranjit Batra is a rare man in the industry. He began his career at The Oberoi Group of Hotels in India and then trained in Monteux and Zurich, Switzerland. He went on to graduate from the Institute Hotelier, Cesar Ritz, Switzerland, and then the Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development (OCLD) in New Delhi.

Batra is involved in almost every aspect of the hospitality business — from F&B to engineering to rooms division. Among his other responsibilities are asset management, strategic planning, risk management, acquisitions, hotel design and fit-outs, financial planning and control processes. Panchshil Realty has helped change the hospitality market in Pune and laid the ground for the entrance of luxury hotels in the city. The group has developed some of the most luxurious properties in Pune — JW Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Suites, Oakwood Residences, DoubleTree by Hilton, and the swankiest of them all, Ritz Carlton, which is under construction. With 198 well-appointed rooms, The Ritz-Carlton, Pune will be easily accessible from the airport. The hotel will house an Indian and Japanese restaurant and an all-day diner, as well as a lounge.

Nearly 85% of the business in the Pune market comprises of the corporate segment, while the remaining 15% is contributed by MICE and other smaller segments, which have remained constant year over year. “With some of the biggest global names under our belt we are striving for the acquisition of more assets and turning them into successes,” Batra said. He believes that success is a result of being a hands-on partner and an active owner. He takes a bottom-up approach to hospitality. 

more

Power List 2019 - Zaid Sadiq
Executive Director – Liaison & Hospitality
Power List 2019- Vivek Bhalla
Regional VP – South West Asia
Power List 2019 - Vikram Oberoi
CEO & MD
Power List 2019 - Vijay Thacker
Director
Power List 2019 - Sunjae Sharma
VP – Operations
Power List 2019- Souvagya Mohapatra
Executive Director
Power List 2019 - Satyen Jain
Director
Power List 2019 - Sanjay Sethi
CEO & MD
Power List 2019 - Rattan Keswani
Director & Deputy MD
Power List 2019 - Neel Raheja
Group President
Power List 2019 - Nakul Anand
Executive Director
Power List 2019 - Navjit Ahluwalia
Country head and Sr. VP
Power List 2019 - Manav Thadani
Founder Chairman
Power List 2019 - Kb Kachru
Chairman Emeritus
Power List 2019 -Dr Jyotsna Suri
Chairperson & MD
Power List 2019 - Jitu Virwani
Chairman & MD
Power List 2019 - Jean-Michel Cassé
COO – India and South Asia
Power List 2019 - Rajiv Kaul
President
Power List 2019 - Rahul Chaudhary
Executive Director
Power List 2019 - Puneet Chhatwal
MD & CEO
Power List 2019 - Priya Paul
Director
Power List 2019 - Patanjali Keswani
Chairman & MD
Power List 2019 - Nirupa Shankar
Director
Power List 2019 - Neeraj Govil
Senior VP – South Asia
Power List 2019- Dilip Puri
Founder
Power List 2019 - Dr Ankur Bhatia
Executive Director
Power List 2019 - Amit Bhosale
Managing Director
Power List 2019 - Ajay Bakaya
Managing Director
Power List 2019 - P.R.S. Oberoi
Executive Chairman